VENTURE FORWARD IN FAITH
A series of Adult Catholic Education seminars at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs
The Church’s catechetical mission aims to help the faithful of all ages to grow in both human and Christian maturity, enriching the whole of life with the leaven of the Gospel
- Centered on approaching the tradition and doctrine of the Church from an adult perspective, the ACE series at OLQM hopes to be informative, enriching, and easy to take part in.
- Though we hope to keep repetition to a minimum, each seminar will be presented in an independent, self-contained format. As a result, you may attend all or some or even just one, based on your own interests and availability. Showing up to one doesn’t commit you to another and neither does missing a session exclude you from others.
- Major theme and topics of each session have been selected in relation to the Liturgical Calendar. Nevertheless, time permitting, the floor will be opened to questions on a wider range of issues.
- The content of every presentation will be built around (and, as much as possible, make direct use of) materials authorized and promulgated by the Vatican and/or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Possible schedule conflicts notwithstanding, eight sessions are planned during the weeks of Ordinary Time leading up to Lent.
- Unless otherwise announced, seminars will be held on Monday evenings, from 7-8:30pm, in the Rectory at OLQM.
- The date, time, room location, liturgical link, and primary topics for each seminar will be confirmed during the week preceding the session.
- Have other questions? Feel free to contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest information on ACE Seminars at OLQM, register at bit.ly/aceolqm.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
David Cerequas holds a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School, lectures in the Program in Religion at Hunter College, and is developing a doctoral dissertation centered on the concept of soul as articulated by the Catholic Church.
See the Schedule...